Search This Blog

Thursday, December 18, 2014

An Unexpected Christmas


After a crazy day of work I like to stop on my way home by the old church to relax and reflect. They have beautiful stained glass windows and I usually have the place all to myself.


Today however there was someone else there. A single man, that I recognize as the maintenance guy, was at the front of the church decorating a lopsided Christmas tree. Normally I think of decoration a Christmas tree with family and friends filled with music and laughter. When I realized that this man was all alone in his decorating venture, I set my bag down and went to help. We didn't speak the same language but we managed just fine with smiles and pointing. There was limited supplies to work with that weren't broken, but tinsel will cover all sorts of issues. When we were finished he went back to work cleaning up the church. I didn't expect to trim the tree this year as the majority of Moroccans don't celebrate Christmas. I'm sure glad I was wrong. This will be a tree I won't forget.

Merry Christmas Everyone!  


No comments:

Post a Comment